The Beginning of my Daughter’s Education
I taught second and third grade at La Paz Community School in Guanacaste 2009. I ended the school year short because my daughter, Eden, was born in April and I started my four months maternity leave. Since having Eden, my husband and I have continued to support La Paz School in Costa Rica both financially and with our time. Christian has served on the Board of Directors for over three years and is currently the treasurer of the board. I have helped with school events and am currently planning the 2nd Annual Guardians of La Paz School Fundraiser, all proceeds will fund La Paz Community School scholarships for local children. Punta Playa Vistas has been a donor and sponsor of various events, including their annual community race, La Ruta La Paz. As you can see we love La Paz School!
Last week Eden received her acceptance letter to La Paz School. She will be enrolled in their Pre K 3 class for September 2013. I am so proud of her! It’s hard for me to believe that she will be wearing the green and khaki uniform. She will be learning the Peace Practices, which every parent strives for their child to understand.
- Develop the self into a peaceful, lifelong learner by improving physical and mental well- being through critical thought and extension of comfortable limits.
- Cultivate peace amongst family and community by disseminating and sharing love and compassion.
- Create peace within the community by preserving the environment and respecting the delicate balance between local and foreign cultures.
- Spread peace throughout the world by effectively communicating thoughts and ideas as well as actively listening to all perspectives.
- La Paz’s mission statement is to educate the culturally diverse youth of Guanacaste through bilingual experiential learning and enrichment that integrates the local community and ecology, while preparing students to become thoughtful, creative, and active stewards of their environment and world.